2012年4月26日木曜日

Video card makes monitor flash?

Ok major problem. first computer specs. My Board is an MSI Wind U100, with AMD athlon 64x2 Dual Core 3800+ My Video Card is a Geforce 7600GT 512mb AGP. 400wt power supply.

So my problem came out of no where.. I got this PC from a friend which always worked fine for him and when i got it i decided to "Update" my Video card drivers.. So i found the latest and installed and NOW when i log onto windows it just flashes, I can see my desktop fine but it constantly turns off and on, Odd part is the fact my Power light on monitor stays on as well. So i tried flipping out with a diff monitor Same results.. I actually don'tt have another vid card to test.. Another thing i did was uninstall my drivers for vid card and it does NOT flash anymore, But obviously i cant do much with the card just reading as default VGA adapter.. Oh here was another weird part.. the monitor does not flash unless i move my mouse, ive tried almost all i can think of.. also changed mouses.. PLZ HELP If u need more info ask away plz.. Thx|||It's your video drivers. Anytime you get artifacts/lines/odd colors on the screen it's usually the video drivers. Nvidia released some bad drivers recently and lots of problems along with the release. Try going to the nvidia website and download the drivers that were released last November or December and see if that corrects the problem.



Did you go into device manager and "rollback" the drivers. That is an older card and you don't need the latest drivers for it to work properly. You could go to nvidia and look in the archived drivers list and get one from the latter part of 2008 they would be just fine.



When you "updated the drivers did you uninstall the old ones per their instructions.Nvidia drivers don't like being installed over old drivers.



Also check your video card fan and make sure it's still spinning, if the card is getting hot that would cause it also.



Good luck.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿