2012年4月26日木曜日

What's a good video card for dual monitor?

I currently am using a Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit video card with my 2 monitors but when I go to play videos i.e. youtube and WMV, one of the screen always starts to flicker.



I was wondering what is a good video card that I can upgrade or change to that will prevent that from happening? Would like to keep the price to below $250 if possible. Thanks|||GTX 560 Ti or the Radeon equivalent 6950|||On the windows side, it really wouldn't matter between ATI or NVidia. Drivers offer about the same support for dual-monitor setups. The problem is with Ubuntu (not Ubuntu specific but Linux Distros in general). ATI has promised better open-source drivers but they are still in their infancy and from my reading, still semi-buggy. NVidia is still the easier choice with graphics cards in Linux.



Going back the the OP, what do you mean by better support? The driver packages will all be the same (except for maybe the quadro, I haven't had much dealings with them). If your setup is running great now, there is no need to change it. You might consider getting a newer card, because I assume these monitors run at a higher resolution than your previous ones. That would mean in gaming it will be more taxing on your video card.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+

4GB Corsair XMS

MSI K9A2 Platinum

ATI HD3870

Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

2x150GB WD Raptors RAID 0

2x1TB WD

Coolmaster 1300W Modular PSU

ThermalTake Armor 8000series

Windows (XP 32bit, Vista Ultimate 64bit) and Slackware 12.1|||gtx 560 ti

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿