2012年4月26日木曜日

Dual monitors in Vista stopped working - new video card not solving the problem.?

This began yesterday. I have an Acer 21" monitor (primary) and a Dell 17" monitor as a secondary monitor. For the past 6 months I have had dual monitors (extended desktop) but suddenly my Acer in front of me displayed NO SIGNAL so only the Dell monitor to the left was getting anything. My Acer is plugged into the DVI port of my PCIEX video card and the Dell is in the VGA port. I thought maybe the video card had gone bad so I got a replacement. I also did a clean installation of Vista. At first I was getting Vista to install and could view it on my Acer (primary) display only. Vista installed a VGA driver for the card. During this time I was not getting anyting on my Dell (secondary VGA port) monitor. So Vista went to install GeForce drivers for the video card. After a reboot, my Primary says NO SIGNAL and my Secondary is now the main display. When I went to try to setup the dual extended monitors through the GeForce control panel it "sees" the VGA monitor as the primary (not the way I want it) and my Acer as the secondary yet it will NOT allow me to "activate" my Acer...it is just a blank screen. If I were to roll the video card driver back to VGA, my Acer would work and be the primary but my Dell would go blank and that would pretty much end my extended dual monitor days. Interestingly, when I use Vista to try to extend the monitor it see's 3 monitors. I think it is seeing the video card on my motherboard, which should be disable since I put the PCIEX video card in. I wonder if something "glitched" in the BIOS that is causing the whole conflict but I can assure you that I went through the BIOS and saw nothing to enable or disable the on-board video card.|||I think the conflict is when you do dual monitors you should do them through your video card and do absolutely nothing with the old onboard video. Try hooking up through your video card only with your primary monitor then install the nvidia drivers after that connect the secondary monitor to the video card not the onboard video.|||bad or loose cord from computer to Monitor

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿