2012年4月26日木曜日

Video Card(s) recommendations for running dual 22" lcd seup.?

I'm planning very soon to build a dual monitor setup. Im' going for (2) 22" lcd's. I'm not a gamer or a movie buff, this setup is going to be mainly for music production. I'm currently running XP, don't know if I'm going to upgrade to Vista yet. My motherboard is a MSI 975X Platinum and has 2 PCI-E 16X slots. My current PSU is 400W.



Is it better "in my case" to have 1 DVI dual link card or is it better to have 2 separate cards?



If I choose to go for 1 DVI dual link card, does it need to have at least double of the monitors native resolution?



Example:

22" Monitor Native Res: 1680X1050

Since I'm going dual, does the card needs to have at least 3360X2100 total res?



Any card(s) recommendations? Thanks in advance...|||a video card with two monitor outputs will have dual RAMDACs... in simple terms, no you dont need to double the resolution.



any video card with dual DVI outputs is fine. you dont need to worry about dual link, as thats only needed for larger than 1920x1200.



id suggest something with HDCP compliancy, while thats only needed for Blue Ray or HD-DVD, its a good thing to have for the future...its not a matter of getting a more expensive video card, just a new model.



something like this will do perfectly fine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



and it indeed does have 2 dual link DVI ports so its all set for any future monitor upgrades.



and id reccomend purchasing Ultramon to manage the monitors as it offers a more flexibility and options over the basic video card drivers:

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿