2012年4月27日金曜日

On-board video card & dual monitors?

I have a Dimension 3000 and would like to get dual monitors. Currently I use the onboard video card for a single monitor. If I have a spare single head vga pci video card, can I add that and a second monitor so I have dual monitors? Or will the video card override the onboard and still limit me to one monitor?



Thanks for your help ahead of time!|||The onboard video would be disabled with the installation of a card. Simple way to get what you want is to buy a cheap dual output card|||Onboard video will usually be automatically disabled when a separate graphics card is added.



Every single Dell I've seen behaves in that manner.



In any case, the Dimension 3000 is 6 years old, horribly obsolete, and its graphics is not meant to be upgraded (which is why it has no AGP or PCIExpress 16x slot).



Your best option is to upgrade to a new computer with PCIExpress 16x. You will be able to run a new ATI HD5750 video card, which supports 3 monitors simultaneously.|||Yes, override will happen and cannot use both. A good option is simple software such as dualmon or UltraMon, or buy DualHeadToGo or TripleHeadToGo which is best.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿