2012年4月26日木曜日

How can I make or get an External Video Card for a laptop?

I know about the ASUS XG station for laptops, but I am wondering, if I can hotwire a graphics card to my laptop. Or is there another device to put a graphics card into a laptop either express or USB? I DO NOT want a dual monitor device. Is it possible to take an AGP port from an old computer and put it in place or combine it with my current chipset?|||You would have to take the laptop apart and find another graphics processor chip that is compatible with your motherboard's current BIO's and also compatible with the physical pin layout. If your not competent at soldering very small leads I wouldn't attempt this if the laptop is important.



Hotwiring an AGP would be more difficult then it's worth and you risk damage to both the laptop and the card. A high end AGP card can use up to 12 amps and 60-80 watts of power, you would need an external power supply to supplement a high end card, maybe even a mid-range card. The average laptop puts out between 90-120 watts, some specialty gaming laptops put out more. If it's a laptop made in the last several years it's also likely to be PCI-E bus interface now.



You would have a better chance of using a PCI video card, as most laptops unintended for the purpose of gaming did not incorporate an AGP bus, they would have had to give up some other "perks" in order to fit the extra wiring for the AGP bus.



I don't know of any USB or PCMCIA devices capable of doing what you want, it's simply not made for the reason that a video processor generally needs a very fast bus for direct access to the motherboard chipset.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿